2008年4月24日 星期四

My Dreams

I can't help myself dreaming the same dream time and again. Well, what is my dream and what am I dreaming about? Be a famous man? Make a lot of money? Or have a sweet girlfriend with me...?


You know, there is no denying that I want them to come true as well(except I'm not a human), however, most important of all, I want to be more familiar with foreign languages, and that is English and Japanese. I have mentioned it in self-introduction listed on the left side for several months before writing this article.

"Mastering two languages that totally different and none of which is your native language? You are not seriously!" But wait a minute, this is not the truth. Like many countries around the world, in Taiwan, we have to study English after getting into junior high school (7th grade, about 13 years old) until graduate from senior high school, and some people even have extra language courses during their university life (it maybe one or more years, depending on schools). We have learned English at least for 6 years (students nowadays have 10-year formal English courses in school, start at 3th grade), so we should reach a certain level in English(In my case, you can use "might" to substitute "should" :p).

On the other hand, Japanese is a little familiar with Chinese, and Chinese is just my native language. Some vocabulary in Japanese also appears in Chinese. They may have the same wording, have the same styling, even have the same meaning! (Unfortunately they don't have the same pronunciation).

Although it is not difficult to get into both languages, "Mastering" is another thing. Before continuing, I'm glad you have enough patience to read this boring article until now...Um? You want me to play a joke on you to relax? Oh! Please give me a break! All right, let's keep going...

Why do I need to get familiar with them? To get the latest professional knowledge, improve the ability of English is necessary; for my interests, I need to dig into Japanese to get more recent information and enjoy many creations from Japan instantly without waiting their translations; further, sometimes reading translations might lose the original intent of fun, it's a pity.

Thus, I'm learning English and Japanese at the same time now, and my final target is to master them(at least use them with fluency). However, how long will it take? 10 years? 20 years? Or forever? I can't give a clear answer, but obviously I will keep going until I reach the destination. Learning is all my life, I will never give up, and this article will be the best evidence all the time.

Thanks for your reading.

Plurk this!